You can connect an analog headset to your phone. If an analog headset is connected and in use, glows green.
If you use a headset, you can set up your phone so that all calls use your headset. If you use a headset that supports electronic hookswitch (EHS), you can press the hookswitch button to place, answer, and end calls. In addition, you may be able to mute calls and control volume from your headset.
Enabling Headset Memory Mode
This feature is useful for permanent or full-time headset users. You can set up your phone so that all incoming and outgoing calls use your headset. At any time, you can switch to handset or speakerphone mode.
To use Headset Memory Mode, you must enable, and then activate, Headset Memory Mode. When Headset Memory Mode is activated, flashes either green (for analog headsets) or blue (for USB or Bluetooth headsets).
To enable Headset Memory Mode:
1. Select Settings from Home view, and select Basic > Preferences > Headset > Headset Memory.
2. From the Headset Memory Mode screen, select Enabled.
3. Press .
4. To activate Headset Memory Mode, press twice. The Headset key will flash to indicate that the phone is in Headset Memory Mode.
Now, whenever you answer a call, the call will connect to your headset automatically.
If you switch to the speakerphone or the handset, you deactivate Headset Memory Mode. Calls will no longer automatically go to your headset, unless you choose this mode. To have calls go to your headset again, activate Headset Memory Mode by pressing twice.
Configuring Headset Options
Before you start using your headset, you need to configure certain options on your headset base unit and on your phone. The following section details when and how to set these options.
Setting the Headset Base Unit Options
Before you connect your headset to your phone, be sure to set the following options on your specific headset base unit model:
- For Jabra headsets, change the headset mode to DHSG on the headset base unit. For details, refer to your headset documentation or contact Jabra support.
- For Plantronics headsets, change the coarse receive level to 3 and the transmit level to B on the headset base unit. Refer to the Universal EHS Adapter Getting Started guide packed in the headset box for more details.
- For Sennheiser headsets, set the first DIP switch - labeled 1 (DHSG) - to the down position on the back of the headset base unit. See, how to connect a Sennheiser headset for more information. For details, refer to your headset documentation or contact Sennheiser support.
Setting the Phone Analog Headset Options
You may set the phone analog headset option locally through the phone.
To set the analog headset option on your phone:
1. Navigate to the Analog Headset menu (Menu > Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Analog Headset).
2. Select the appropriate headset mode:
- Choose Regular Mode (default) if no compatible headset is attached.
- Choose Jabra DHSG if an EHS compatible Jabra headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
- Choose Plantronics Mode if an EHS compatible Plantronics headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
- Choose Sennheiser Mode if an EHS compatible Sennheiser headset is attached with an EHS cable or adapter.
Connecting your Headset
If you have an EHS-compatible headset and headset adapter, follow the steps listed next to connect your headset to your phone.
To connect a supported headset to your phone:
1. Plug one end of the EHS adapter or cable into the serial port on the back of your phone.
2. Plug the other end into the headset base unit.
3. Connect the headset’s RJ-9 connector to the headset jack on the back of the phone.
Enabling Echo Cancellation to Troubleshoot Echo Issues
In some cases when you are using your headset, the people that you call may experience audio or echo issues - such as feedback of your voice or of their own voice - during the call. If people that you call hear an echo while you are talking to them using your headset, you should enable echo cancellation on your phone.
To enable echo cancellation on your phone:
1. Navigate to the Echo Cancellation menu: Menu > Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Echo Cancellation.
2. Select Enabled and press the Select soft key.